Monday, September 22, 2014

A Smarter Way to Learn

Over this weekend I made it about a quarter of the way through the book A Smarter Way to Learn JavaScript by Mark Myers. All I can really say is that the book is awesome. I feel like the information is really sticking. The book has 89 chapters and I have read through 22 chapters so far. A chapter is about 2-3 pages long and then you go online to the corresponding website where you complete 20 exercises for that chapter. Some exercises are a bit repetitive but thats not bad because I have remembered everything that the book has covered so far. My goal is to finish that book by this Friday.

I put in about 10 hours both on Saturday and Sunday and continued my 4-5 hours all week. This week I am going to try for 5 hours of study time everyday and at least 10 hours each day on the weekend. I know that if I keep pushing myself and keep learning that all the hard work will pay off. 

I'm still looking forward to the JavaScript meetup this Wednesday evening. There are always good presentations and I personally learn a lot every time I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment