Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Here we go!

I have now been self studying for one week. I feel like HTML and CSS are coming pretty easy and I have been having fun just doing some basic stuff.

Code school is also going well. I really like Ruby so far and especially how straight forward it is. I am really enjoying the learning process even though it seems like i'm drinking in all this knowledge from a fire hose. I have also started a Ruby web course through The Pragmatic Studio which by far has been the best investment that I have made so far. What a well done course!

I am currently finishing up the book Learning Web Design by Jennifer Nierderst Robbins which has been a pretty good read and i've started to begin familiarizing myself with how the web works, as well as how to construct HTML and CSS. I also just started reading Learn to Program by Chris Pine which is an awesome book! I am now just trying to keep getting the basic understanding down before I move on to the beast of all tutorials.

After my first week my total amount of study time has amounted to 42 hours. I feel that's not to bad for my first week and just trying to figure out where to start. Now that I have the ball rolling, it is time to start amping it up even more. My goal for now is to put in at least 8 hours a day, 7 days a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment