Thursday, April 24, 2014

Code School == frustration

Maybe it might just be me but it seems that Code School is set up to create confusion and frustration. 

I started off with Code School and soon realized that I didn't understand a thing that was going on. I went through a few of the beginning courses and didn't understand what or why I was doing things. Nothing made sense. I would just click the hints to see the answer because I wasn't even given the tools needed to be able to try and figure out the answer. I would sit there and guess, then play around with the code. Sometimes I would get it right by accident and other times I would just look at the answer and still have no idea why the code was re-written the way they had it.

Now that I have read a lot of other materials, I feel that Code School would benefit someone after they get a working base of knowledge. There are just way to many gaps in their material. I'm not saying you can't figure things out this way but maybe to have a better understanding of the material first and use Code School to solidify and ingrain the knowledge on top of what you have already learned.

This is just my feelings towards this learning process. I know everyone is different and they may learn better the Code School way. I am still trying out Code Academy and not sure if I want to pay more for online schools until I get my base of knowledge up more. Then the online schools should be a good refresher.

No comments:

Post a Comment