Monday, October 13, 2014

Trucks, mud and JavaScript

Wow I know it's been awhile since my last update. I have been slammed at work, it seems everyone decided at once that winters coming and now every crew is trying to beat the snow and get as much concrete poured as possible. Needless to say everyday the last 2 weeks I have started really early in the morning and worked until it was about dark. I was able to finish reading the JavaScript book and now I'm just working through the exercises.

On Thursday and Friday it rained and work was a major mess and even worse on Saturday! A few guys got stuck and had to be pulled out of the mud. I almost got stuck a few times. Heavy trucks that way over 70,000lbs loaded don't mix well with mud and almost every job is on dirt so it just made things really interesting and dirty.

Overall once winter sets in business will drop off and it will be much easier to get more study time in. I'm happy because I love to code and I know that I have great opportunities ahead if I just stay on track.

No comments:

Post a Comment