Wednesday, October 1, 2014

My screen went black

So the other day my computer screen went black. The cursor was there but every time I would re boot, the computer would go right to the black screen again. I was able to finally figure it out last night by doing some googling of course and found out it was an update. Kinda weird that it does that but anyways I just safe booted it up entered my username and password on the black screen with nothing typed hoping something would register. Well it did and then it started downloading the update. Glad to have my computer back so I can finish up the code exercises for JavaScript.

The last few days I have been back driving the truck. My hand is finally feeling better and the Dr. released me. I am not thrilled about driving but it has been working well because I have been able to read a lot. We have had some time where all of us are just sitting in our trucks for up to an hour or two so I have really been getting a good amount of reading done while at work. I only have 50 more pages to go in the JavaScript book so I am sure I will finish up with that today and then just finishing up the corresponding code exercises.

I really feel I have gained a way better understanding of code and it does seem that the more I do it the more things start to click and I have those brief moments where things will make sense and then there is something new that needs to be figured out. It always keeps your mind in the game. Thats what I love about coding is it keeps your mind thinking. Pouring concrete is easy. Once you know how to drive a truck and learn a little about concrete you know the job. It is so repetitive and boring the only challenge is showing up to an unknown job site and figuring out how to back the truck into some awkward spot the crew wants or how to dodge in and out of road construction cones. Learning to code is not only challenging but it is fun and rewarding. There is always something new to learn which is a perfect fit for someone like me who is naturally inquisitive.

No comments:

Post a Comment